Filter
Filter
【Our History Gallery: Letters and Certificate Regarding the Relocation to the Farm Road Campus】

Thanks to the sponsorship of Yale China Association, the first phase of the Farm Road Campus finished its construction and the College officially relocated to the site in 1956. The Opening Ceremony was held on 11 October of the same year. Prior to the relocation, Mr. Chien Mu has handwritten a letter to the Education Department informing the Government of the matter, and stating that the old campus on Kweilin Street would be handed over to “New Asia School”, which was likely referring to New Asia Night School.

On 14 May 1957, the Education Department revised the address of on the College’s Certificate of Registration of School, and sent out a notification letter along with the new Certificate back to New Asia. We can see from the Certificate that it was issued on 12 January 1956 under the Education Ordinance. Back in 1953, New Asia College was still registered under the Companies Ordinance, and members of the College had to fight hard to be exempted from including “limited company” in the registration. We would elaborate this in a separate article.

A copy of the letter from Mr. Chien Mu to the Education Department on 12 June 1956, notifying the Department that the first phase of the Farm Road Campus was near completion.